Permanent Residence under the Self-Employed Persons Class
Canada welcomes successful business people who are seeking new opportunities and challenges. The Self-Employed Persons Class is designed to encourage and facilitate the admission of these individuals. Both the federal and provincial/territorial governments welcome self-employed immigrants and offer services to help them settle in Canada.
Self-employed persons (excluding those destined for Quebec)
Self-employed immigrants must have relevant experience within the five-year period immediately preceding the date of application.
Relevant experience in respect of a self-employed person, means
- For at least two years in the period beginning five years before the date of application:
- Self-employment in cultural activities or athletics
- Participation, at the world-class level, in cultural activities or athletics.
- No immigration conditions are imposed on this class.
- Self-employed immigrants must have the experience, intention and ability to:
- establish a business that will, at a minimum, create an employment opportunity for themselves and that will make a significant contribution to cultural activities or athletics in Canada.
Selection Criteria (excluding those destined for Quebec)
You must first meet the definition of the self-employed persons class to be eligible for assessment against the selection criteria.
If you successfully meet the definition of the self-employed persons class you are applying under, you are then assessed against five selection factors:
- official languages,
- experience, and
For each selection factor, a specific number of selection points are allotted.
The following tables will help you estimate how many points you would earn for each factor. If you have a score lower than a total of 35 points, your application may be refused.
- Permanent Residence
- Short Processing Time : 12-18 months
- Suitable for Cultural Experts , Artists and Athletes
自僱人士計劃 Self -Employed Immigration Program
- 有文化活動或體育方面的相關經驗 和
根據五個選擇標準和計分系統（point- based system）評分並至少獲得 35 分，當中包括學歷、工作經驗、年齡、英語或法語能力和適應性，最高可能分數為 100。
- 在面談期間，簽證官會要求申請人解釋：不明確或不一致的信息 或 提供的文件中的缺點或差距等